Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Story Behind the Photo


In November 2005, I made a trip west to the four corners area. This is where Arizona, New Mexico, Utah and Colorado come together. I was at the Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Area to photograph migrating birds in the western flyway. I was after sandhill cranes and was not having much luck in the early morning hours, until I noticed a pattern of these birds leaving the shallow pools and flying into the morning breeze which was coming in from the north. I followed this bird from the time he left the water, until he was out of sight. I shot 108 photos of this bird in 22 seconds. This was number 47. The moment came at 11:12 am on Thanksgiving Day, 2005. Canon 10D, EF 400mm Lens at F7.1, 1/2000 second. ISO 400.

No comments:

Post a Comment