Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Return to Florida


After a trying drive, I arrived late yesterday and decided to unpack and use the time to clean cameras and lens. I was sound asleep at 10:00 and awoke at 6:00. I was in the marsh area about 7:30 and was thrilled to see so much activity. Mike Godwin and myself had the place to ourselves for about an hour and a half. I was surprised to see so many nests with chicks. Some were several weeks old and some that just recently hatched. The Great Whites are nesting just about everywhere and the wood storks are plentiful too. There are about 6 rosetta spoonbills cruising the area, but no nests so far. This pic was the same nest I posted before...sadly on one chick remains out of the three I photographed last month.


The weather is fine and I look forward to a great week of shooting. If you know of anyone that may like to sign up for my emails, just have them send me their name and email address and I will be glad to add them to my mailing list. If you would like to be removed, just shoot me an email and I will delete you from the notifications. As always thanks for following me and all comments are welcome. Happy Shooting !

Crutch

No comments:

Post a Comment