Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Reason # 1,274 why photography matters !

Since it is now after Memorial Day 2011, I have some thoughts on why we should take more photos and never be without a camera. Taking photos for over 40 years now, I think of all the great places I have photographed and all the great birds and animals I have been lucky enough to photograph with somewhat pleasing results. It has been and I hope will continue to be a great time in my life. But, as I look back at some of these photos, I realize, I missed the most important subjects, I could have ever taken with my camera, and didn't. Now, I have no photos and my memory is fading. I'm refering to the very people that shaped my life and influenced me more than they will ever know. Knowing I will never be able to take their photo makes me sad. Take a look at this recent article by Scott Bourne  http://photofocus.com/2011/05/30/memorial-day-reason-number-1274-why-photography-matters/ This really hit home with me. I think I will round up my family and take some pics :)

Happy Shooting!  Crutch

No comments:

Post a Comment