Saturday, January 22, 2011

Daytrip to Maynardville, TN


Well, cabin fever has finally caught up with Pete and I. We had to do something, so we took off to Maynardville, Tn to photograph a 170 year old general store that is still standing in Maynardville, Tennessee, in Union County. It was built back in the 1840's by Alexander Lafayette Hamilton. It was contructed with popular and hickory, native to the area. It is now known as the Hamilton Crossroads Store. It has been nominated to be put on the National Register of Historic Places. We sure picked a cold day and almost froze trying to get a few pics. It took an hour for my fingers to finally get some feeling back. This was a great trip, as usual with Pete. Check out some more pics here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/53388637@N00/sets/72157625754782179/
As always, comments are welcome. I have been told that some are having trouble leaving comments on my blogsite. I have recently discovered that you must have a Google account (Free) to leave a comment:( But you can leave a comment on the above link. Happy shooting! Crutch

1 comment:

  1. I love history, it's so fascinating. What I would give to have been part of it. Today's world is just too virtual for me, and I'd much rather to have been a part of the latter.

    ReplyDelete