Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Story Behind the Photo !

I have been to the Roaring Fork Motor Trail, in the Smoky's, several times and have always enjoyed the fall colors there. In 2008, I decided to go inside this small building that appears to have been some kind of milling room. I really liked this angle and decided to set up my tripod inside and shoot out. Because of the different dynamic ranges (being inside and shooting into the sun) I decided to make three images at different exposures and combine them in Photomatic Pro, HDR software. This made all the difference and the dynamic ranges were completely covered.
If you get to Gatlinburg, Tn., look for traffic light number 8 (Airport Rd) and travel about 5.2 miles to the oneway road entrance. The loop road is about 5 miles and meanders through the foothills of the GSMNP. The photo ops are everywhere. Lots of cabins and streams. The fall is my favorite time to visit here as the colors are breathtaking. This was the case in 2008 on November, 12 at 4:35 in the afternoon. I made this image using a Canon 5D camera, 16-35mm lens, set at 1/6 & F8. ISO 400
As always, happy shooting!
Crutch

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorites from you Steve. You're incredible.

    ReplyDelete