Friday, February 26, 2010

Kissimmee Rookery at Gatorland !



Wow! Look what I found. I was pleasantly surprised when the mother egret stood up and revealed these chicks. I quickly put on a 1.4 teleconverter to get closer and fill the frame. I would guess these chicks are 3 weeks out of the egg. They are strong enough to hold up their tiny heads and look around for a minute or so. I will definitely go back this afternoon and try it with my 2.0 converter. There are many, many nests everywhere including, great egrets, great blue herons, wood storks, snowy egrets and several rosetta spoonbills. I feel like this is where I should have been all this time. Will definitely shoot here this afternoon and Saturday morning. Several other guys here are saying that St. Augustine is very good too. I will try to be there Saturday afternoon. The weather has improved to daytime highs near 65.




Crutch

1 comment: